Why oils are better than creams
Natural oils i.e. ones from plants, (not the petrochemical type) are a concentrated elixir of skin boosting vitamins including: A -Retinol, B1, B2, B5, B6, C, E – which holds on to Vitamin D from the sun. Also magnesium, copper, iron, amino acids sterols, pantothenic acid, lecithin and folic acid all of which vastly increase collagen in the skin… they are also rich in: Essential fatty acids (EFAs) and subsequently premature prevention ageing minerals like omegas, proteins and beta carotene, which slow ageing cells. Regeneration GLA (gamma linolenic acid), which helps to strengthen the collagen fibres.
Natural oils unlike creams, can penetrate into the lower layers of the skin making them the most effective anti-ageing there is in skincare, i.e. increasing collagen and slowing the major source of skin ageing ‘free radicals’ no matter what you read free radical damage is 90% of the overall ageing of cells, that’s why if you see someone who has used natural oils they have much younger looking skin. The interesting thing is introducing oils into your skincare routine can have a huge impact, even on already aged skin. Our oils contain all the ingredients necessary to provide these benefits.
Here are 10 surprising facts you may not know about plant oils:
- Oils have no added chemicals, unlike using a facial cream that needs the support of a strong preservative. Oils don’t need preservatives because harmful microbes will not grow in them. Oils are waterless.
- Oils are packed with antioxidants. Antioxidants are the first line of defence the body deploys to keep free radicals in check. Free radicals attack the cells and is the said to be a starting point for ailments like Alzheimer’s, Cancers, Arthritis and most of human’s DNA Chromosomes damage.
- Oils lock in moisture. Plant oils are rich in essential fatty acids (EFAs) which play a critical role in your skins appearance. Our bodies do not synthesis EFAs and therefore it’s important to obtain EFAs from our diet or by topical application. EFAs serve multiple functions but importantly they lock in moisture and they improve the skin barrier function. Natural Oils are exceptionally nourishing because of their high levels of the EFA known as gamma-linolenic or Omega 6.
- Plant oils will regenerate damaged skin cells with Omega 3 & Omega 6. Their studies show natural oils are rich in the most important linoleic acid (Omega 3) and linolenic acid (Omega 6) incorporate deep into the epidermis to regenerate damaged cells.
- Omega 9 is found to be the ultimate wound healer when applied topically. It triggers responses at the wound sight to cause faster wound closure and also inhibits the production of nitric oxide, a known free radical. Rich sources of Omega 9 are found in plant seed oils.
- Omega 7 combats wrinkles and other symptoms of malnourished and ageing skin. Until recently Omega 7 shadowed behind the more researched Omega-3 and Omega-6. Now we understand how Omega 7 is important for the skins deep nourishment and metabolism. There are a host of benefits to the skin from Omega 7 like boosting collagen production; restoring youthful resilience and plumpness to ageing skin cells; and protecting against skin sun damage, toxins and environmental stress.
- Plant oils successfully fight skin infections as their antimicrobial properties protect against bacteria and fungi. Results support they can be used topically to cure skin diseases.
- Oils are necessary for the treatment of acne as patients with acne have been found to have inadequate levels of essential fatty acids in their skin. Topical application from botanical sources of Omega-3 and Omega-6 essential fatty acids can dramatically improve their skin.
- Plant oils are rich in plant chemicals called Phytonutrients. There are thousands of natural chemicals found in plant oils like vitamin E, sterols, carotenoids and many others. Interestingly, vitamin E is found to provide a plausible role as a photo-protectant for the skin. While, phytosterols not only stopped the slow-down of collagen production that can be caused by the sun, they actually encouraged new collagen production.
- Plant oils are extremely complex in their active chemical composition. These natural plant oils, carefully and knowledgeable formulated together become a complete, active, powerhouse for your skin. They are your smartest choice on the market today — for you to use as your daily regenerating and anti-ageing / ageing well skincare.
Creams however, just sit on the surface and whilst they may make your skin feel supple, but as for putting any of the above into your skin, well they simply can’t. One of the misleading anti-ageing claims is the pro collagen / retinol / seaweed type products which often sit in bases or alongside petrol chemicals are beneficial, which is complete rubbish, beside not getting much further than the surface the petrochemicals cancel out any of the natural benefits.
Natural oils are the key part of our skincare range. they boost the protective hydrolipid film, which keeps skin supple and hydrated, they also contain Vitamins A, B1, B2, B5, B6, C, D, E. magnesium, copper, iron, amino acids sterols, pantothenic acid, lecithin, folic acid all of which vastly increase collagen in the skin. Vital oils, unlike creams, penetrate into the lower layers of the skin making them the most effective anti-ageing product…they are also rich in: Essential fatty acids (EFAs) and minerals like Omegas, proteins and beta carotene, which slow ageing cells. Vitamin A – Retinol, which rejuvenates and nourishes the complexion and Vitamin E, which aids skin cell regeneration. GLA (gamma linolenic acid), which helps to strengthen the skin’s supporting collagen fibres and is also an excellent skin moisturiser (particularly for dry skin) Our oils provide a power house of anti ageing properties which are not found in other brands. Essential oils, bring order to cells and tissue, dispelling bacteria, infection and stimulating repair.
This is why our pure natural oils are a power house of protection, repair and restoration of ageing skin.